Anybody doing this TOK question for the Essay?

Lutfil Hardy

Without application in the world, the value of knowledge is greatly diminished.†Consider this claim with respect to two areas of knowledge?

Need some advice on expanding these topics. These are my ideas that I'll be focusing on. 

Idea 1: Math, Imagination

Sample: Imagination with mathematics may seem irrelevant to each other but it does connects each other. For example, the golden ratio is represented as Phi = 1.618 and it is often known when taking the ratios of distances in simple geometric figures (pentagon, decagon, etc.). The golden ratio contributes in many aspects of the world. One of them would be that the golden ration contributes in Art, architecture and other areas of design.

(Anybody who is in HL Math students know any useless math theories or knowledge.)

Idea 2: Human Sciences, Emotion 

Sample: Sure anthropology is useful in different types of fields, but is it worth the knowledge....

(I have trouble with this one)

Hi,

In maths, there is no such thing as useless knowledge. Although don't apply every single thing in mathematics to the real world, the knowledge is still highly valued, especially by mathematicians. If you're an astronaut, however, you're won't value the euler's method as much. So I think it depends on your perspective whether you think that knowledge is valuable or not.