i'm about to drop out help me w/my english ee please

i cant choose the damn books

My teacher suggested comparing one lit. work originally written in english and one translated to english but i cant find 2 books that share the same theme/context. It's been over a month since the deadline and i'm still struggling to find a translated book. I thought of comparing the portrayal of women in "Beloved" by Toni Morrison and another book written in a different language. There isn't a single book out there that has a similar theme to beloved so i'm thinking of choosing another book. ( if you know any books i can compare with beloved feel free to suggest). So I was thinking of comparing 1984 and 19q4 but it's overdone i guess (is it really though? because i have a tiny bit hope of comparing these two but if it really is overdone i cant) ANYWAYS just a minute ago i came across lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, i haven't read it but i watched it's movie adaptation (great movie) do any of you know any book similar to lolita? or some book i can compare it with?

TO SUM IT ALL, i have several questions for you all:

1) Which books should i avoid?

2) Should i give up on "Beloved"?

3) If you're doing your ee on english, which books did you choose?

4)Is lolita/1q84 a good choice?

5)At this point I would really appreciate if you could suggest anything

I think Haruki Murakami would be a good author to use for a translated work, but you shouldn't use a book as complex as 1Q84 in my opinion. It's just way too long. Why don't you try a simpler, shorter book like Norwegian wood or Kafka on the Shore? 

For the originally in english books, you just need to be creative man. Find something surreal if you choose Murakami.

I did a category 1 on Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson and Naked Lunch by Burroughs, I chose to explore the theme of the American dream's failure and analyzed mostly the drug use that is evident in both novels. 

Anyways just calm down and breathe. You'll eventually find a novel. If your exams are in 2017 then you still have plenty of time before the final deadline.