well as i said before just have 5-6 slides

intro-half-1 min

brief summary-2-4min

your analysis4-5min 

the author's life history5-8min

the link begins here link his life with the novel justify it8-10min

if u want u can change the time but focus more on your prompt.

I'll be doing my official IOP on Tuesday, so I'm also working on it as well!

I'm by no means an IOP expert, so maybe what I'm saying isn't necessarily the most helpful advice... but this is just from my experiences (I've done two practice IOPs, which I scored very high on, and I've also watched all of my classmates do two IOPs each as well)

I find it easier to focus on a theme. Try and find some literary devices (ie. metaphors or similes) or just choices that the author made (ie. not having a lot of dialogue, or a non-linear narrative). Then try to somehow connect those devices/author's choices to the theme. I'm not familiar with any of the books you've read, so I can't help you specifically for those stories. It helps if you're passionate or really interested in the theme you'll be talking about.

Also, I feel like sometimes people get very obsessed with making their IOPs super creative. While it is nice to have a creative and fun presentation, there's nothing wrong with doing an old-fashioned literary commentary with a powerpoint. It might not be as dazzling as some other IOPs, but if done well, it can still get a very high score.

HOWEVER, make sure that the commentary is very organized (cannot stress this enough), you give insightful comments, and you keep the audience interested. I personally like to put cute cartoons or short comics that are related to the topic the slide is about. If anyone else has any suggestions for keeping the audience engaged, please share!

Like I said, I'm not an IOP expert. These are just a couple of things that I came up with drawing from the limited experience I've had with IOPs.

Oh well my iop is postponed till wednesday so i have some more time. Im so nervous cause i still havent decided a topic yet, In my mock iop i did it on de tales the graphic novel.. i did it on the theme. I also generally find focusing on themes easier. Whats your topic and book for your iop? 

Edited by Nutella_lover

Has anyone read the shawshank redemption or the body by stephan king ? or in praise of shadows?? If so please could someone help me with a topic idea? I have none and im stressing out its due on monday!!! Would really appreciate it 

hello people

Ok so I have read none of those works but I did my IOP last year and my teacher gave me a 27/30. I have some idea of how it goes since I had a couple of discussions about this with my teacher last year leading up to my IOP. We can't really suggest a specific topic to you, but I recommend looking at themes and motifs for the texts and what stands out to you because that's what I did for my IOP. What makes the IOP great is that you can play on your strengths really easily. Pick the text(s) you love/know best and go from there. If you're good with creative, do a creative IOP. If you're good with analytical stuff/critical response, do kind of an oral commentary and actually pick apart the author's choices in your text and discuss them. 

Edited by King112

I think I know what topic to do ''exploring the Internal and external conflicts in the novel the shawshank redemption'' is that alright as a topic, as in does it work? 

Yeah that sounds pretty interesting, though see if you can narrow it down to one character or two characters, so you can cover your topic in-depth within the time constraints. 

Edited by ShootingStar16