Physics IA

rosie123

So, we are doing an experiment in two days for my Internal Assessment. I have chosen to investigate the correlation between the change of starting temperature of liquid and the slope value (i.e. K) in Newton's cooling law. However, I am afraid that this topic could be considered as more of a math investigation instead of physics. It would be of great help if you could give me some advice on how to make it more physics suitable or if it is already a good physics topic. I have talked to my teacher, but I am not sure if she understands what I meant. Thank you! :)

Hey, I realise this might be a little late, but if you're still unsure, the topic can be considered both for physics and math. For math, there is a sample available on the exact same topic. But you can do this for physics as well, just make sure you don't have an IA based completely on calculations. It's be difficult, since finding the correlation would be the math part. To be on a safer side, find some other topic that's similar to this. Instead of finding K, just see how different initial temp. takes different time to cool.

Hope this helps :P