Help for variables?

DelocalizedElectrons

Hey. I need help for my chemistry assignment variables for my IA.

What I am doing is that for 4 oils (sunflower oil, rapeseed oil, coconut oil and olive oil ) I am testing the peroxide value difference when they are fresh and after being heated through titration. I have exactly four same size circular eggplants that I have put in each cooked oil. I made sure that the they were heated in 180 degrees celsius. 

However, I became very much confused to which were my variables? 

Controlled: 4 oils

Independent: temperature of oils (180)

Dependent: Peroxide value??

Your independent variable is the oil you're using and your controlled is the temperature (since you're controlling it at 180ËšC).

An independent variable is the variable you're testing; in this case, it's the oil. Therefore, you need 5 ranges so you should've used another oil while doing your practicals...

And yes, the dependent variable is the values difference!! 

Edited by batool

Your independent variable is the oil you're using and your controlled is the temperature (since you're controlling it at 180ËšC).

An independent variable is the variable you're testing; in this case, it's the oil. Therefore, you need 5 ranges so you should've used another oil while doing your practicals...

Then if my independent variables are my 4 oils, that I test in the different experiments, then what are my controlled variables?

5? You're freaking me out? My teacher suggested four oils only?? 

Edited by DelocalizedElectrons

Well if your teacher suggested it then you should definitely trust him/her! I could be mistaken then... Maybe you have a control group and that makes it count as 5?

Don't freak out!!!!! Please!!! Your teacher said four oils only and therefore there's nothing wrong with that!