I need help for English A and German A

RandomUser

Hello dear IB Survival. 

I really need help with English A SL and German A HL. Now, I am not failing, that's not the problem. My problem is that my teachers for both subjects told me/implied that I am getting 5/7. You may ask why this is a problem, as those are in no way failing grades. Well, it is a problem for me. I need a final IB score of 32/42. Therefore, I was hoping to get good marks in the languages, thus increasing my chances of getting into my university. I am aiming for 6/7 in both subjects, and here is where I need help. How do I do it? My German teacher told me my problem is that I am not very specific with my explanation, rather I just write point after point. Well, that's what I understood... I deduced from this that I am supposed to take few points and analyse them thoroughly. I wanted to ask: how can I do that? Any strategies for German A HL? I'd appreciate it! Even if it just general remarks, anything can help me out. 

For English he said, I think you need to use the band descriptors to evaluate yourself and then take the next steps to get to the next level. Something along the lines of that. I believe I need a list of figures of speech and some advice on how to organise essays for English, plus some help for the IOC.

I would appreciate anything you could give me that is of any help!

If you can give me tips and tricks concerning organisation for both subjects, I'd greatly appreciate it.

But also any material, be it language, figures of speech, organisation... It can all help me! Really, anything!

Thanks!

Add. information: Scored an A in lit. and a B for lang. in IGCSE.

Edited by RandomUser