TOK presentation

needtosurvive

Heyy,

My TOK presentation is about how Video games influence players to repeat violent acts in the games in real life. 

My KQ is 'To what extent can modern media negatively influence human behaviour?' but the overall TOK teacher said

"She would have to make sure the presentation was about how we choose what to believe. But I am not sure how closely the RLS is related to that, unless the video game counts as 'media'??

Perhaps the focus can be more around the use of imagination and memory if you were going to use his suggested KQ."

and now i dont know what to do or how to change my KQ.

Please help!!!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy,

My TOK presentation is about how Video games influence players to repeat violent acts in the games in real life. 

My KQ is 'To what extent can modern media negatively influence human behaviour?' but the overall TOK teacher said

"She would have to make sure the presentation was about how we choose what to believe. But I am not sure how closely the RLS is related to that, unless the video game counts as 'media'??

Perhaps the focus can be more around the use of imagination and memory if you were going to use his suggested KQ."

and now i dont know what to do or how to change my KQ.

Please help!!!

Thanks!

Okay, so the easier way to get a KQ related to your RLS is to first extract a knowledge claim from your article/video/rls (it's great if it's a KC directly mentioned in the RLS, but you can infer it too), and then turn your KC into a KQ. And no matter what your KQ is, make sure you spend a minute or two of your presentation explaining how you went from your RLS to your KQ --> explain your thought process, what led you to that particular question, and if you have them, to other subsidiary KQs. 

I'm not sure how you could relate the RLS to imagination or memory, but then I haven't looked at your RLS. Maybe you could work with something about perspectives/ perception? I'm thinkng something along the lines of "In what ways does encountering violence in our everyday lives change our perception of the world?" that's the best I could come up with, but you know your RLS and your teacher much better, so I'm sure you can do better. 

Hope this helped: )