TOK presentation help

Richard Chen

Hi guys!

My real life situation is dolly the sheep

My knowledge question is: to what extent do ethics limit advances in the natural sciences.

I'm having some trouble extracting additional knowledge questions from the situation and linking it to the WOK and AOK. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

What WOK and AOK have you chosen? Ethics and natural sciences as AOK and ethics and reason as WOK? 

Some additional knowledge questions could be:

- When/why is cloning good? And then compare it to why cloning is not good? And then you can link this to both ethics and reason. 

- Can the use of nuclear transfer, and the research of Dolly, be vital for the future? What if we won't be able to grow plants and produce fertile offspring on the Earth in the future? Could cloning then be a solution? (reason)

- Is it ethically correct to use animals when researching, since they can't speak for themselves? (ethics)

A hint here is that IB is truly against the use of animals in any type of experiment etc. 

Dunno if this was for any help at all, but oh well. Good luck on your presentation!  :v:

EDIT: I meant to correct this

Ethics and natural sciences as AOK and emotions and reason as WOK? 

I also meant to write emotions in my examples…

Sorry!  

• Like 1