Failed IOC

So I miserably failed my IOC today and I'm just expecting a score of 14-16/30. I'm just wondering if there is a chance for me to still get a 6 in Eng LangLit HL? What do you think is the "crucial" part in achieving a high grade in English? What can I do to balance off the disastrous failure of my IOC?.......

Edited by Nini Nincompoop

• 2 weeks later...

So I miserably failed my IOC today and I'm just expecting a score of 14-16/30. I'm just wondering if there is a chance for me to still get a 6 in Eng LangLit HL? What do you think is the "crucial" part in achieving a high grade in English? What can I do to balance off the disastrous failure of my IOC?.......

Well as you can see from the guide, the IOC takes 15% of your total grade, so it's important, but not that important. If you do well in the Further Oral Activity as well as the final exam, then I don't think achieving a 6 (or even a 7) is too difficult.

I myself got 13 points in the IOC (which my teacher informed me to be equivalent to 4/7 on IB scale). However, as I got 26/30 for my IOP (another oral) and I did quite well in the exam, so I still ended up with a 7 in English Literature SL.

So my point is, don't be disappointed with yourself now. You still have a chance to improve your grade if you try hard from now.

• Like 1