comewhatmay

My subjects are

English HL

Maths SL

Hindi SL

Businesses and Management HL

Psychology HL

ESS SL

Right now I have Bio SL but I want to change to ESS SL because I'm not enjoying it and I also have no intention of pushing science in university so I do not want to burden myself with it. Will my subjects be considered too easy by universities?

Edited by comewhatmay

My subjects are

English HL

Maths SL

Hindi SL

Businesses and Management H

Psychology HL

ESS SL

Right now I have Bio SL but I want to change to ESS SL because I'm not enjoying it and I also have no intention of pushing science in university so I do not want to burden myself with it. Will my subjects be considered too easy by universities?

It depends on the university you're applying for. Also, if you're not going into sciences, it shouldn't even matter anyway. English HL is recommended and you have that. If you don't like it and you are able to drop to ESS SL, then do it. 

Whilst I believe that it may be advantageous, it's not going to have that much of an impact, in my opinion, as the amount of focus on topics that are Psychology-related is limited. I think, as opposed to worrying about the difficulty of the subjects, you should concentrate on getting good grades in them. Yes, universities look at your subjects, but if you get a 34 or something when you could have gotten a 37, I believe they'll be more likely to take you if you have easier subjects with 37 than a 34 with more difficult ones.

If you look at a general gist of universities you want to go to, and they don't have any particular subject requirements, you should be fine. Perhaps not for larger universities that lie in the top 10 of a country/the world, but otherwise, I'm sure you should be fine. I may be wrong though, so probably listen to other people over me  :huh:

Edited by Guest

This looks like a fine combination BUT it also depends on what you want to do at university. 

You also don't need Biology to succeed in Psychology. I stopped paying attention in Bio at around the age of 15-16, didn't do it in the IB and got a 7 in Psych HL. The amount of Biology in Psychology is minimal and very basic. 

I'm interested in Business and Psychology so I'd like to do something with those subjects in university. I have both those subjects so I don't think that would be a problem.

For Psychology, at least in the UK, it'd help to have a HL Science as well. :) For business, you're set alright, though if you're looking at Economics, top universities will require HL Maths.