Are these good topics for my WIT?

I'm starting with my WIT and I'm wondering which one of these 2 topics is better to use.

Topic 1: How does the author use The Metamorphosis to criticize society?

Topic 2: To what extent is the "metamorphosis" related to Gregor? 

In the second topic I'll talk about how the metamorphosis is not only about Gregor and how it could mean the metamorphosis of the whole family and each individual in the family.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm both topics are ok but I have heard (if I'm not wrong) that WIT topics need to be very focused and narrow, because you're only writing 1500 words. I feel that the two topics you've suggested maybe too broad?? For example, for the first topic rather than just "How does the author use The Metamorphosis to critics society" you could do something like "How does the author uses the symbolism of ____ to highlight the theme of ___ / to critcize society in The Metamorphosis"?? I haven't read the book before so I'm not too sure on what exactly you would use, but narrowing down your topics tend to produce a much better WIT essay than leaving it broad and general. :)