English A- Written Assignment- Urgent Help

Fabio16

Hey guys !

I am planning to do my WA on the book 'A doll's house', and because a lot of people in my grade have opted for this book, most of their topics is revolving around the same theme. Honestly, the book doesn't have a lot to offer, and so before going with the same theme, I just wanted to know whether it would be a problem if the entire class is focussing on the same topic.

Please Help !

Yes, it would be bad only to each and everyone in the class, the teacher really shouldn't allow the exact same topic for everyone, only because the IB compares your work to people in your class and your grade will depend on how better or worse the rest are, having the same aim is fine as long as its expressed in different(text types,tittle....)

• Like 1

I actually really liked that book - if you're still going for it, let me know what the theme most people in your class are going for, and I can help you find an alternative. I was initially going to do it, however I ended up choosing another text because I had this completely original idea for a topic :)

• Like 1

I actually really liked that book - if you're still going for it, let me know what the theme most people in your class are going for, and I can help you find an alternative. I was initially going to do it, however I ended up choosing another text because I had this completely original idea for a topic :)

Most of them are choosing one out of these two topics-

First, the use of symbolism by Henrik Ibsen to portray male domination

Second, the role females in the society at that time

If you do have any other idea, then please do tell me ! 

Edited by Fabio16

I haven't read the play in a while, but I'll do what I can off the top of my head :) These may still be fairly "common" topics, so don't forget to make them your own!

The sickness motif to represent the sickness of Norwegian society and idiologies at the time

Stage properties to symbolise Nora's growing torment

I don't know how you can fit it in, but I always found it interesting the irony behind Torvald's endearments - Nora is referred to as a "skylark" and various other birds, however she is not free (maybe talk about Nora being trapped in a golden cage, and it's up to her to escape) - her journey towards emancipation?

I haven't read the play in a while, but I'll do what I can off the top of my head :) These may still be fairly "common" topics, so don't forget to make them your own!

The sickness motif to represent the sickness of Norwegian society and idiologies at the time

Stage properties to symbolise Nora's growing torment

I don't know how you can fit it in, but I always found it interesting the irony behind Torvald's endearments - Nora is referred to as a "skylark" and various other birds, however she is not free (maybe talk about Nora being trapped in a golden cage, and it's up to her to escape) - her journey towards emancipation?

Okay thanks,

I will definitely look into these titles.  :)