Starting Pre IBDP

Imertic

Hello!

I'm starting Highschool with Pre IBDP classes and i'm excited but also nervous. I want to do well and I was wondering if anyone had some tips for me (Studying, school supplies, etc). Is there anything I should prepare for?

Classes I signed up for (School hasn't given me schedule yet):
Pre IBDP Biology
Pre IBDP English 9
Pre IDBP Geometry
Pre IBDP World History

Art 1
Latin 1

• Like 1

Don't worry so much with prepping for pre-IB. You'll do fine! Your marks may drop due to the transition into high school, but you can definitely pull them back up.

For school supplies, I suggest coil notebooks/looseleaf paper if you can organize the looseleaf notes well for Latin, English, Biology (may need to do textbook questions and probably notes if your teacher doesn't give you printed note packages), Geometry (for textbook questions/notes) and World History for note taking. You especially need one for history because you seldom get printed note packages. You just get lectures and take notes. For English, you may have the odd note taking here and there. You may need a dictionary for Latin. Idk much about geometry, but get a geometry set and see what your teacher has to say about calculators. Ik that going into high school (even though high school starts in grade 10 in Canada), we needed a graphing calculator (try and get them while sales are still on). Like it wasn't necessary for first year, but it was recommended. For Art, start off with a set of sketching pencils and a sketchbook in the case that your school doesn't provide you with one. 

Other than that, see if you can spring some money on a laptop. They're really useful especially if your school has crappy computers. Also just general stuff such as pens, pencils, highlighters, etc. 

Hope I helped a bit! 

Oh P.S. one thing about math in general: please do your math homework in high school. In junior high, you can get away with not doing your homework at all and get like a 97 average, but before we actually started the work for high school math, our teacher warned us to do our homework. If you don't, you may be screwed over for the quizzes and the tests. 

Edited by ShootingStar16

• 4 months later...

Hello!

I'm starting Highschool with Pre IBDP classes and i'm excited but also nervous. I want to do well and I was wondering if anyone had some tips for me (Studying, school supplies, etc). Is there anything I should prepare for?

Classes I signed up for (School hasn't given me schedule yet):

Pre IBDP Biology

Pre IBDP English 9

Pre IDBP Geometry

Pre IBDP World History

Art 1

Latin 1

I'm in Pre-IB, too! I'm also taking biology, english 9, and geometry, but my school signed me up for AP human geography, and I'm not taking art and latin  :P