references from teachers

For universities in the UK, we need references from teacher. However, the question is , can i just for one teacher to do my reference? Lets say I am applying for computer science and I have a reference from my maths teacher, do I need references from my other teachers? 

Thank you. 

Depends on how many references you need. If you need two separate ones, then obviously you need to ask another person. If you only need one, then asking just your math teacher is fine.

Technically you can ask anyone you want to write you a reference, but ideally you want to ask someone who you are on good terms with, knows you well, and can speak highly of your academic potential. It's even better if that person teaches a subject related to what you're applying for. So for computer science, asking a math teacher would be a good idea.

According to my school, UK application only requires recommendation from one subject teacher, preferably one that knows you well and taught you something related to your chosen major (so maths would be apt) and your guidance teacher.

Hope this helped!

• 4 weeks later...