Is presenting in a group better than presenting individually?

When we do our presentations, how do they mark us if we work in a group?

For example if i present with another individual, when they mark me, do they look at only what I said or does the other individual's presenting affect my grade?

And also, because more than one person creates the presentation, do they mark it harsher if you do it in a group rather than alone?

Thanks!

• Like 1

You behoove from doing it in a group because you need to discuss your chosen topic in-depth and 10 minutes (time per person) is simply not enough time. It's not marked harsher, but you don't get a group grade, each member of the group gets a grade––so you should see to it that each member of your group has something to say. I (and my teacher) recommend doing it in groups of 2 or 3 because that's enough time to get your KQ, RLS, claims and counterclaims discussed thoroughly with most topics.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You behoove from doing it in a group because you need to discuss your chosen topic in-depth and 10 minutes (time per person) is simply not enough time. It's not marked harsher, but you don't get a group grade, each member of the group gets a grade––so you should see to it that each member of your group has something to say. I (and my teacher) recommend doing it in groups of 2 or 3 because that's enough time to get your KQ, RLS, claims and counterclaims discussed thoroughly with most topics.

Good luck!

What happens if say, one individual in your group is saying the most important things about the topic, but naturally it is all part of the KQ and someone has to say it (and obviously the other members of the group have thought through it)?. 

I'd say it depends on your teacher, how understanding they are, etc. It's important to divide the content equally, if your main point is only at the hands of one person, try to expand it or approach from different angles.

• Like 1