Want to study in Germany

THEliberator

According to my research Germany is a good destination for studying engineering and physics. I am interested in studying physics, therefore I would like to ask people about all the language requirements and application procedure. 

I'm not really an expert regarding applications for German universities. I only did a bit of research about German universities during IB, but never really had time to complete the applications to send to Germany (thanks to all those crazy IAs and TOK). Anyway, as far as I remembered, there are only 2 websites that you can find relevant info and they are:

http://www.studying-in-germany.org/

https://www.study-in.de/en/index.php

In these 2 sites, you can find all information relating to applying to German universities as an international student. If you don't know the German language, then there are only 2 options that you can choose from:

1. Take a language course in Germany for perhaps 1 - 2 years. And then apply to a bachelor programme in German. This option is recommended if you are good with languages and can speak fluently a new language after 1 - 2 years of studying. That's not an easy to do, especially with German, because German pronunciations are extremely hard to learn (in my opinion, of course).

2. Apply to a programme in English in Germany. If you choose this option, then you should only apply to those universities that are at the top. This is an important thing because the quality of teaching in an English programme is averagely lower compared to the quality of a German program. So make sure that the university that you apply is at the top. Since you are interested in physics, I'd recommend you to look at the Physics IPSP program at University of Leipzig because Universty of Leipzig is an excellent university which many notable physicists of the 20th century have attended either as a student or as falcuty members, such as: Felix Bloch, Boltzmann, Heisenberg, Hertz, Möbius.