Tok oral on death-row inmates and capital punishment

"How do we know if someone deserves a second chance?"

I was thinking of having this as my knowledge question, but is it a good one to have? My real life situation examines the executions of two death-row inmates who had supposedly reformed during their time in jail.

I was going to use ethics and religious knowledge systems for my AOKs, does that sound ok?

I really need some honest feedback on my knowledge question!

"How do we know if someone deserves a second chance?"

I was thinking of having this as my knowledge question, but is it a good one to have? My real life situation examines the executions of two death-row inmates who had supposedly reformed during their time in jail.

I was going to use ethics and religious knowledge systems for my AOKs, does that sound ok?

I really need some honest feedback on my knowledge question!

You should change your knowledge question to be "How do we judge if someone deserves a second chance?". Also, be extremely careful when you bring ethics into the discussion. Approach the topic from different ethical theories (like utilitarianism, or deontology), rather than saying that "Oh, I think it's immoral if we don't give people a second chance...." In other words, avoid stating things according to your subjective moral self, but you should use the knowledge from ethical theories to deduce an answer for your question. Other than that, the topic looks quite alright to me.

Edited by Vioh