studying one thing after another

Karolina.jj

Hey y'all :) I am really just wondering, is it possible that let's say you do worse than you expected in your IB exams so you don't get to your dream course (let's say medicine for example) in a particular uni, and so you take another course sort of connected to medicine for example something involving chemistry or biology. Is it possible to either re-write your IB exams next year so you get better score (while doing the chem or bio course) and so you can transfer courses and even universities, or can you just transfer to medicine without re-writing IB?

Hey y'all :) I am really just wondering, is it possible that let's say you do worse than you expected in your IB exams so you don't get to your dream course (let's say medicine for example) in a particular uni, and so you take another course sort of connected to medicine for example something involving chemistry or biology. Is it possible to either re-write your IB exams next year so you get better score (while doing the chem or bio course) and so you can transfer courses and even universities, or can you just transfer to medicine without re-writing IB?

Why not just take a gap year, write the finals again in November 2016 session, have all the time in the world to apply to all unis once more, as a regular prospective student? 

well yeah that's also a good option, but then gap year can be such a waste of time... I mean what can you do when all your friends are in universities somewhere around the world.. that's true it has a lot of positive things, you can travel you can do internships and basically anything but still idk, for now I don't want to take a gap year, maybe later something will convince me :)