Mathematics Paper 3: Statistics and Probability

Hi!

So... what do you think of it?

In my opinion the first three questions were simple. There was only a small confusion in the last part of the third question. After doing the manual computation I obtained 81%, but when I tested the value on my calc it appeared that 80% fits the boundaries better. I wasn't sure which one I should use, so I wrote 80% as the answer. 

The fourth one was a bit challenging due to the lack of complete understanding of what an estimator is :) I computed a to be 1/2 and b to be 1/4 (the best value). Where it asked to propose a better estimator I wrote (X1+X2+X3)/3, which has a slightly smaller variance than the one given. I'm not sure if this approach is correct though.

The last question about PGFs was meant to be simple, but I made a small mistake in the last part and it took me a lot of time to find it (I accidentally cancelled out t with t^2). Nevertheless, I managed to finish it during the last minute.