Math HL Paper 3 Discrete Math

Encord

I've been waiting to discuss paper 3.

Personally I was so excited during the five minutes reading time. After I saw last year's paper and grade boundary, I was so worried that the paper will be crazy hard. But thankfully it wasn't too bad and it was a nice end to IB.

How did you find the paper?

I am in TZ1 so I think that I had a different test from you but everybody in my class also thought that the test was pretty easy.

I had one problem on recurrence relations that I messed up on because I was running out of time but other than that I was pretty confident in it.

I think that everybody i just hoping that the grade boundaries don't change very much since I think that this year was probably easier than most years.

I am really glad that we are done and that all we have to do now is wait and see.

I am in TZ1 so I think that I had a different test from you but everybody in my class also thought that the test was pretty easy.

I had one problem on recurrence relations that I messed up on because I was running out of time but other than that I was pretty confident in it.

I think that everybody i just hoping that the grade boundaries don't change very much since I think that this year was probably easier than most years.

I am really glad that we are done and that all we have to do now is wait and see.

I always thought for paper 3 all time zones wrote the same paper for math. I had the recurrence relations question too for paper 3. I realized I made a mistake just when it was two minutes to time. So I just did some ugly cancelation and corrected all my answers. I just hope my examiner will be able to understand since one hour is really not sufficient to perfect everything.

But yeah right now I'm afraid the grade boundary will jump to like 48/60 as opposed to 38 last year. That will be a serious blow but fingers crossed although I'm not holding on to much hope since the general consensus in my class was that it was easy.

Yeah, I guess that you are right that all time zones do take the same test for Paper 3 I just got confused looking at the grade boundaries last year as the two are separated. 

It looks like the grade boundary in 2012 was 43/60 although I am not sure how difficult that test was but I hope that it only jumps up by something like 5 points rather than by 10 points. I do think that for me, all of the graph theory stuff was very easy this year but some of the number theory stuff could have been a little tricky depending on what you prepared for. I personally already know that I won't get a 7 based off of how I did on paper 1 but a 5 is really all that I would need anyways. 

I hope that the results are good for you and yeah we just have to keep our fingers crossed that the grade boundaries don't shift too much.