History HL Paper 3 - Americas

metsfanAJM

Anyone else take History of the Americas? I thought it went alright overall. I felt good about my essays about Truman's decision to drop the atom bomb and the civil rights movement, but my essay about FDR's New Deal was pretty bad. I'm hoping for the best.

I did Americas and chose questions 9, 10 and 14 (Spanish-American War - USA entered to grant freedom to Cuba, TWE?, Impact of WW1 on one nation was largely positive, TWE?, and FDR's response to the depression being conservative rather than radical, TWE?) 

To be honest, I am fairly confident with how it went for me because I had so much time and was able to incorporate historiography, critical analysis and perspectives; ended up writing about 5 and 1/2 pages per essay. I felt like this paper was a gift because it was exactly what I studied lol

I don't know what numbers they were, but I did Martin Luther King's importance to the Civil Rights Movement, the extent to which political factors were the main cause of the Cuban Revolution, and (the success of?) Vargas in solving the issues presented by the Great Depression... Loved the questions; hoping it goes well! All three history papers and the IA were my favorites of any, so I'm hoping for the best. History is so subjective that its always hard to know..