HL: can we do other options that we didn't do in class?

incenlast

My school did option E and H. I'm okay with E but H is a huge struggle for me. 

I could get a 3 instead of 4 or 5 just because of it. I'd like to ask if it possible for us to choose to do other option that we didn't cover in class? Would that be a problem if i choose to do so and self-study that option?

Our teachers teach some specific options but you are most definitely allowed to learn two options on your own and write the exam on those! It's up to you to choose, some teachers just teach some because they think they're the easiest or they have the notes on them or something.

I know for sure, it's allowed. And think about it, it's not like they're going to be going through your exam and marking them anyways. :P

you can self study, or with a tutor, study any option you would like but with exams that are set by your school the exam will probably not have the option you studies out of class which could affect your predicted grades

on the final exam it has all the options and you can answer any options so it is definitely  possible to study whichever options you'd like