Biology HL, What are Options and are they in the exam?

MaydaMayda

Hello,

I really want to get at least a 5 in bio test. But Im still confused about the Options. We covered two HL Options and havent studied the rest of the options. Will the test contain questions from the SL Topics, Hl Topics and the  two options that we covered?  

Considering the time left till the exam, do you think it would be wise to study from online sources or the book ? I already covered 3 chapters from the book

okay I'm a little confused...are you SL bio or HL bio?

As for what will be on your test, I think you'd have to ask your teacher that....

Well, depends on which online sources you're using but I think sticking to the book and any notes you've taken in class should be fine.

But if you're using online sources, BioNinja is pretty good :)

Yes SL topics are fair game as well and yes you do need to know the options. You need to know the options for the Paper 3 and it is divided into sections (each section tests you on one option you learned). You do the sections you did the options on. 

I think that maybe you could do a bit of both? Like what IbTrojan said, bioninja is a good resource (they have questions and answers taken from old IB exams) and you could also try Khan Academy.