Biology IA URGENT HELP!

usernamed

My first draft is due sunday(where I live, the school week starts sunday)

So basically heres the deal,

I found my experiment online. I used the same methodology, materials, and everything.

To personalize the experiment, I did change a few things in the experiment(like using different types of yeast, instead of one type of yeast as stated in the experiment i found) and using different concentrations of the independent variable(which is hydrogen peroxide) compared to the ones stated.

I did mention that in my 'personal engagement' section of the I.A. (Or I guess it used to be called 'background information' before this year)

Is that good enough???????

Or can this pose a problem for me once my IA is marked?

I don't think it should be a huge problem...I mean, if you think about it, there are sooo many labs that students have done that even if they may not have gotten their idea off of the Internet, will most probably be somewhere on the web and you said you've made changes and explained them. Now I don't have much experience in IB yet but logically, it sounds fine.

• Like 1

I don't think it should be a huge problem...I mean, if you think about it, there are sooo many labs that students have done that even if they may not have gotten their idea off of the Internet, will most probably be somewhere on the web and you said you've made changes and explained them. Now I don't have much experience in IB yet but logically, it sounds fine.

Cool. Thankyou. :) I think that may be the case too. I just had a little freak out moment when that thought popped into my head. But yeah, logically speaking, alot of similar labs will be online no matter what you do, hahah.

I see you do HL biology, have you started your biology IA yet?