TOK presentation help

Felhound

the ethical issue i am discussing is on whether performance enhancing drugs should be legalized.
my knowledge claims are that: a) performance enhancing drugs give an unfair advantage b) performance enhancing drugs are harmful to health
my counter claims are that: a) genetic makeup gives some people an advantage by chance, and technology provides undetectable drugs and better training programmes to give an unfair advantage as well b) We should permit drugs that are safe, and continue to ban and monitor drugs that are unsafe. Provided that a drug is safe, it is unfair to the honest athletes that they have to miss out on an advantage that the cheaters enjoy
how do i link my claims to the use of reason and emotion in this ethical issue? Can I use quotes to justify my claims?
this is for a theory of knowledge presentation.
many thanks.

Edited by Felhound

one thing i read on a web site was that you have to talk relatively little about the real life situation and then get onto the holistic, abstract tok ideas..
maybe that's something to take into account as well for ur presentation..
it was something that helped me shape mine, at least!
good luck !
B