Written Task 2.

I've got to start on my WT2 and I was just wondering with the prescribed questions given in Power and Privilege:

Which groups are marginalized, excluded or silenced within the text?

Do I have to make emphasis on 2 or more groups or can I just focus on one?

There are good reasons for phrasing it this way rather than the terribly awkward (albeit clearer) alternative "Which group(s) is or are marginalized...." .

In fact, the point of the question is to make it possible for you to write about more than one group if you wish - and if there happens to be more than one group marginalized etc. in your work.  But you needn't. So you can quite legitimately write to the question "Which group..." and this would be fine.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1

The fact that the word 'groups' are used, necessitates that the respondent makes reference to at least two groups that are marginalised. As a result, I would assume that you have to answer it with reference to at least two.

Thank Mr_Awesome. But I'm Cooler 

• Like 1

There are good reasons for phrasing it this way rather than the terribly awkward (albeit clearer) alternative "Which group(s) is or are marginalized...." .

In fact, the point of the question is to make it possible for you to write about more than one group if you wish - and if there happens to be more than one group marginalized etc. in your work.  But you needn't. So you can quite legitimately write to the question "Which group..." and this would be fine.

Okay thank you.