EE essay on economic impact of weed in Colorado

I am having trouble planning out how I would write this essay. Also I have to figure out what economic impact I could look into. I have to do a 4 slide presentation next week of my idea and would appreciate it if you guys could help me out plan out the basic structure. THANKS!

• Like 1

Well there are quite a few things to look into. The real question is if you can narrow it down enough to fit it into the 4000 words and whether you can get enough resources (and of course conduct meaningful primary research). Here are a few economic (and social) factors you can look into: govt' revenue (and what it's spent on), health statistics (no. of users, any data on influence of general health levels), marijuana businesses (market structure, size, behavior of firms, product differentiation), black markets, effects on other markets (e.g. cigarette consumption), no. of marijuana related accidents (think of negative externalities of consumption), you can also research the original viewpoints of advocates of legal marijuana consumption and check whether these were realized using facts since it's legalization in Nov 2012 - just to name a few.

Let me know if this helped.

• Like 1

Well there are quite a few things to look into. The real question is if you can narrow it down enough to fit it into the 4000 words and whether you can get enough resources (and of course conduct meaningful primary research). Here are a few economic (and social) factors you can look into: govt' revenue (and what it's spent on), health statistics (no. of users, any data on influence of general health levels), marijuana businesses (market structure, size, behavior of firms, product differentiation), black markets, effects on other markets (e.g. cigarette consumption), no. of marijuana related accidents (think of negative externalities of consumption), you can also research the original viewpoints of advocates of legal marijuana consumption and check whether these were realized using facts since it's legalization in Nov 2012 - just to name a few.

Let me know if this helped.

THANK YOU! Also, how would I title my essay? 

• Like 1