Is there any university that can provide full tuition scholarship for IB student?

No there isn't. No university gives scholarship to an ib student. Instead they will ask you to pay 80% more. Be prepared.

P.S - I was being sarcastic.

Just because you are an ib student with good grades does not grant you a scholarship. There are various factors involved.

• Like 1

No there isn't. No university gives scholarship to an ib student. Instead they will ask you to pay 80% more. Be prepared.

P.S - I was being sarcastic.

Just because you are an ib student with good grades does not grant you a scholarship. There are various factors involved.

I said for IB students just because it is the program that i am doing, which apply to me the most , there is no other implication! It is extremely rude to distort what i was asking and put words into my mouth. I know i wouldnt get a scholarship just because i am an IB student, but i am sure that some universities are willing to provide a high amount of scholarship for students, regardless of which high school program they are doing. You comment is not helping and i am not impressed with the sarcasm that you used. 

P.S. I know there are some uni can provide pupils 50%  scholarship, which means what you reply is simply not true. 

Edited by Guest

From my experience with the UK unis, it's really hard to find any that would help you with tuition fees. There are numerous scholarships offered by all of them but there are very few for the EU students. You can apply for the government tuition fee loan, but well.... in the end it's a loan.

What I'm pretty sure you can get from any uni is a scholarship for good grades, but in most cases it's only after your 1st year at uni. And it's not specific to help you with tuition fees, but surely you can spend it for that.

Edited by Slovakov

I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry. I think I misinterpreted your question and you took my comment too seriously.

Well then to answer your question, yes there would be universities willing to give scholarships to ib students. They may have minimum grade requirements to do so. Can you please clarify in which part of the world you would like to study? Coz this would help others and me give you a more accurate and better answer.

Again I'm sorry, my bad.

I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry. I think I misinterpreted your question and you took my comment too seriously.

Well then to answer your question, yes there would be universities willing to give scholarships to ib students. They may have minimum grade requirements to do so. Can you please clarify in which part of the world you would like to study? Coz this would help others and me give you a more accurate and better answer.

Again I'm sorry, my bad.

I am interested in the UK and the USA , or the Europe.

I am glad that U wrote this comment , maybe i also own you an apologies, I think my previous comment is quite mean but i was really shocked and was furious about how you interpreted my question.  Sorry. 

We  are good ?

From my experience with the UK unis, it's really hard to find any that would help you with tuition fees. There are numerous scholarships offered by all of them but there are very few for the EU students. You can apply for the government tuition fee loan, but well.... in the end it's a loan.

What I'm pretty sure you can get from any uni is a scholarship for good grades, but in most cases it's only after your 1st year at uni. And it's not specific to help you with tuition fees, but surely you can spend it for that.

Thxx, i dont want to pay for college. So i might consider public university. Thx again

Again I'm sorry, my bad.

I am glad that U wrote this comment , maybe i also own you an apologies, I think my previous comment is quite mean but i was really shocked and was furious about how you interpreted my question.  Sorry. 

We  are good ?

Yea we good!

Alright let's get to work.

USA - enormous opportunities for scholarships, grants , financial aid and what not! It's filled with universities that are student friendly provided you are the right type of student. College is expensive here so its a good thing to apply for scholarship. Make sure you are getting a good deal on your scholarship because even with scholarship (let's say 50% around) college can get expensive. Applying for scholarship here can get very competitive because of the number of applicants to US universities. So you need to make sure your application is strong.

U.K - I do not know much about UK universities. But I think there is lesser scope for scholarships than US. Also it gets competitive right from the start coz universities like Oxbridge require high marks to even be considered for the university.

Europe - I don't think you need a scholarship for European universities. The public universities are free. Private ones with government aid require very less fees. Problem - most of them teach their courses in their native language. This should be fine for you if you apply to a German university.

Now I would suggest you narrow down your list further to selected universities and focus on getting admission and scholarships in them according to their requirements and other peoples experience.

Also what course (eg - medicine, engineering, arts) do you want to pursue? Because that too matters.

Hope I helped this time! :D :D

• Like 1

Again I'm sorry, my bad.

We  are good ?

Yea we good!

Alright let's get to work.

USA - enormous opportunities for scholarships, grants , financial aid and what not! It's filled with universities that are student friendly provided you are the right type of student. College is expensive here so its a good thing to apply for scholarship. Make sure you are getting a good deal on your scholarship because even with scholarship (let's say 50% around) college can get expensive. Applying for scholarship here can get very competitive because of the number of applicants to US universities. So you need to make sure your application is strong.

U.K - I do not know much about UK universities. But I think there is lesser scope for scholarships than US. Also it gets competitive right from the start coz universities like Oxbridge require high marks to even be considered for the university.

Europe - I don't think you need a scholarship for European universities. The public universities are free. Private ones with government aid require very less fees. Problem - most of them teach their courses in their native language. This should be fine for you if you apply to a German university.

Now I would suggest you narrow down your list further to selected universities and focus on getting admission and scholarships in them according to their requirements and other peoples experience.

Also what course (eg - medicine, engineering, arts) do you want to pursue? Because that too matters.

Hope I helped this time! :D :D

It does help! Thank you :) looking forward to the day when I can help you with your question. :lol:

Scandinavian (Denmark, Norway, Sweden) universities offer free tuition for EU citizen, so perhaps consider applying to unis in those countries! BUT, I know that (for example in Denmark), there aren't many unis that offer bachelors degrees in only English so make sure you also check the language requirements (as well as the entry requirements, obviously). 

For the US, there are some mid-low tier universities that offer scholarships solely based on your GPA (grades) and SAT/ACT scores (they're going to need to high). It's going to be difficult to find them but I'd discourage you anyways from considering going to the US for college if your parents aren't willing (or able) to pay $45,000+ per year (x4) as few unis offer financial aid to international students (and if they do, they're need aware and thus may reject you if you need a lot of financial assistant and pick someone else over you who has similar stats and doesn't need aid). If you're seeking merit aid, I'd recommend you go over this with your school counselor. If you're school's one isn't knowledgeable on that stuff feel free to PM, I'll share with you what I know. 

I think you're best bet is to study in Europe as it's MUCH cheaper than the US! 

Edited by Pink97
  • Like 1

In terms of US unis, I know that some low/mid-tier unis will offer scholarships solely based on SAT/ACT - which is in a way better than basing it on IB, as SAT is far far easier to score really well on than IB. However, as far as I know, no US unis will offer decent/full scholarships on IB results alone. In terms of other financial support, quite a few of the top-tier unis - think Ivy League, Stanford etc. - will offer financial aid based on financial need, irrespective of the fact that you are an international student. However, these unis are rare and it does vary massively, so it is largely about researching the specific unis you may want to apply for.