Failing TOK ?

barney938

My tok presentation was today and i only started working on it yesterday and i was so worried and had so little time. My topic was about torture and there were many presentations online talking about this topic so i got ideas from them and i think my teacher might be on to this and he might not sign that this is my work. Where does that put me with the diploma? do i still get a diploma if he doesn't sign off or what ? Please help URGENT 

There are a number of paths he may take.

Your teacher could be like mine and hates kicking people out of IB. If this is the case he my make you redo your presentation to submit and make you take a 0 for the classwork. This won't affect you chances at a diploma.

He could call you out on plagiarism. In this case, You could face a zero for that assignment in your diploma points, or you could be removed from the program completely.

It all really depends on your teacher and how closely you followed those sources.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

In my school, failing TOK means failing IB. We had a case of plagiarism in our school and the student was kicked out immediately. Hopefully your teacher won't be harsh on you, right now just make sure something like this will definitely never happen again. Best of luck!