We have recently started working on our EE's, and i have determined to write about inflation. More specifically how "manmade" inflation affects the stockmarket in Norway, and if it is healthy for our economy or not.

Im not 100% done formulating my research question yet, but it will be something along the lines of:

To what extent does man-made inflation affect the stockmarket in Norway?

- Im planning on interviewing someone from Oslo Stock-exchange, and i have also contacted a man from my city who has made quite a bit of money from stocks. Will this be sufficient?

- What economic theory is the most relevant to this topic?

- What do you think about the topic overall?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Hi!

The topic is interesting, but if were you I would focus on a particular industry that was affected by the inflation and perhaps even interview some of the main firms (if they are happy to help you). You would look into monetary and fiscal policies that affected "man-made" inflation and possibly international economics topics too (if the industry has strong international ties). You can also have a look at whether the ER (and exports/imports) was influenced by the inflation.

Hi!

The topic is interesting, but if were you I would focus on a particular industry that was affected by the inflation and perhaps even interview some of the main firms (if they are happy to help you). You would look into monetary and fiscal policies that affected "man-made" inflation and possibly international economics topics too (if the industry has strong international ties). You can also have a look at whether the ER (and exports/imports) was influenced by the inflation.

Thanks for answering!

do you have any tips as to which industry would be the easiest to investigate?

• Like 1

What do you think about the banking sector? Or given their important role in Norway's economy, you can also look at oil companies. Or anything that interests you, just make sure you have access to enough information. Note, that even once you chose the industry, you still have to refine your question as it may be still too broad.

What do you think about the banking sector? Or given their important role in Norway's economy, you can also look at oil companies. Or anything that interests you, just make sure you have access to enough information. Note, that even once you chose the industry, you still have to refine your question as it may be still too broad.

So manmade inflations affection of the stock-market would not work at all?

First of all, I don't know what you mean by "man-made inflation". Second, looking at the effects of inflation on the whole stock exchange (e.g. using the OSEBX) is a very complex task, as you would have to look at how each company's shares were affected by inflation (whereas a ton of other things affect share prices). A thorough analysis would need a lot more than 4000 words to say the least.

First of all, I don't know what you mean by "man-made inflation". Second, looking at the effects of inflation on the whole stock exchange (e.g. using the OSEBX) is a very complex task, as you would have to look at how each company's shares were affected by inflation (whereas a ton of other things affect share prices). A thorough analysis would need a lot more than 4000 words to say the least.

Ok, i do understand your point. Thanks for helping me out!