Hi. I'm writing my WIT essay on Lorca's symbolisms and its representations of repressed groups in "Blood Wedding". I've written about Mother + Bride as repression of women, red/blood as repression of people who desire freedom/repression of 'sinners', Woodcutters + Moon as repression of freedom and individuals.

I am aware that the Beggar Woman is a major symbol, however I've only mentioned very VERY briefly about her in my essay and my essay have already exceeded the word count. Is it silly to not write about the Beggar Woman?

Thanks.

personally, i think you should find a way to include it because it is an important symbol. if you're only up to your draft (before its been handed in to a teacher and commented on) i think you should put it in and not worry about the word count but try making sure you have the best content possible for each topic then when your teacher marks and comments on it they can tell you what's working and not working?