Pre- Pre- IB course selection assistance?

A_Happy_Monkey

For the first semester of Grade 10, we have to stick with the regular curriculum. 

So I got accepted into IB yesterday and have received my course selection form along with it. However, it's really confusing... 

It has been divided into three components:

(a) Math 20 IB (that's an option for some reason)?, or a 5- credit course, or two 3- credit courses.

(b) One 5- credit course or two 3- credit courses.

© A second language, or a 5 credit course, or two 3- credit courses.

So according to this, I can take either 6 (3- credit) courses, or just 3 (Math 20, Second Language, and a 5- credit) courses? How does this work? In addition, where is the room for core classes if I were to take 6 courses?

I'm not in high- school yet, nor am I familiarized with the "credit" and "course" system :/

that is not how ib courses work and i can imagine that is subjective to your school so you would do best to talk to someone there for explanation because i know i never had anything like you're explaining and i can imagine thats the same with quite a few people..

Indeed, that is not how IB courses work. I think you are misunderstood. You see, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme does not begin until Grade 11, and my IB designated school offers a compulsory Pre- IB course for the second semester.

For the first semester of Grade 10, we must stick with the STANDARD curriculum to demonstrate our academic potential. I AM NOT IN GRADE 10 YET :)

Therefore, I'm simply asking for clarification regarding the STANDARD course selection. Have a nice day :)