When will the 2010 candidate topics be out?

slatkodobola

They're out already.

The 2009 Vade Mecum is available on the IB store for purchase, so I'd imagine that it's been put up on the OCC as well. In it you'll find the TOK essay questions for May 2009 and the ones for May 2010. Unfortunately I don't think the Vade Mecum has been posted on a public site yet, but keep your eyes open.

Edited by Mr. Shiver

I am a 2010 candidate (MAY), but I take TOK during 2009 year and complete my essay then. When will the topics be out anyone know? ;)

here you go, i hope it's okay to post them right on...didn't see anything when i read the rules...

1. to what extent is truth different in mathematics, the arts and ethics?

2. examine the way empirical evidence should be used to make progress in different ares of knowledge

3. Discuss the strength and limitations of quantitative and qualitatibe data in supporting knowledge claims in the human sciences and at least one other area of knowledge

4. How can the different ways of knowing help us to distinguish between something that is true and something that is believed to be true?

5 "what separates science from all other human activities is its belief in the porvisional nature of all conclusion" (Michael Shermer, www.edge.com). critically evaluate this way of distinguishing the sciences from otehr areas of knowledge?

6. all knowledge claims should be open to ratinoal criticism. on what grounds and to what extent would you agree with this assertion??

7. "We see and understand things not as they are but as we are." discuss this claim in relation to at least two ways of knowing

8. "people need to believe that order can be glimpsed in the chaos of events" (adapted from John Gray, Heresies, 2004). IN what ways and to what extent would you say this claim is relevant in at least two areas of knowledge?

9. discuss the claim that some areas of knowledge are discovered and others are invented

10. what similarities and differences are there between historical and scientific explanations?

you guys have some pretty good topics...