EE in History - Need URGENT help

bbankai

My EE is due in a few days and my topic is on the change in Soviet Censorship during the Glasnost reform policy which was introduced in 1985 to the fall of the Soviet. I just realized, is the time period too close to the present be considered for a history essay? I'm panicking so much right now because it's due in a few days and I have already pretty much written 4000 words on the subject.

Edited by bbankai

[quote name='bbankai' post='23536' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:10 AM']My EE is due in a few days and my topic is on the change in Soviet Censorship during the Glasnost reform policy which was introduced in 1985 to the fall of the Soviet. I just realized, is the time period too close to the present be considered for a history essay? I'm panicking so much right now because it's due in a few days and I have already pretty much written 4000 words on the subject.[/quote]

no i'm sure it's fine. actually, the later the time period, the harder it is to write. i take it that the USSR fell in 1991? thats more than a decade ago, so it's fine.. haha

Generally it's better to write about something that happened at least 20 years ago because there will probably be more resources available at your disposal. I did my EE in history and the event (Pearl Harbor) happened in 1941 and the years leading up to it, so I had a plethora of different sources.

But if your mentor has given you the okay for your topic and you were able to find good sources concerning your topic then I see no problem.