Written Assignment on "The Stranger"

Lynxarin

Hi, 

I have chosen to write my WA on "the stranger" and now I have some questions. 

1. My idea is to write about "Raymond's influence on Mersault´s actions (for example the letter and the murder) Does this sound like a good idea? Am I going to come up with enough facts and explanations to make it into a 1200-1500 word essay?

2. What about external sources? Should I write the essay only using my own facts and explanations, or should I use some sources as well? 

Thanks alot, Daniel.

• Like 1

I'm also doing mine on 'The Stranger'.

1. I think you would have an easier time and a better result if you made the question technique specific. It allows you to have more points and more paragraphs. With your current question you could maybe get 3 points. You could also go broader and say "how do minor characters affect Meursault's actions?" That way you can go through some of the minor characters which will extend your essay. 

2. You don't have to use other sources. I'm not, I simply just source the book. If the ideas are your own (which they should be) then there is really no need to source anything unless you feel it will enhance your essay. But seeing as you are character focused I don't think you'll need to. 

Hope this helps! 

• 1 month later...