medical studies in Asia

Hanadai

Okay, so I decided to ask what you guys think of the situation I am in. 

I spent last year in Taiwan as an exchange student. It was awesome, my Chinese improved a lot and I was planning to study in China~ And here my problem starts. I am absolutely sure I want to study medicine. However, China expects prospective students to pass exams from biology, chemistry and physics. Well, I didn't know this from the very beginning, I've found it out recently but it's already December so it's too late to change anything about my class choices. Also, in most countries biology and chemistry are enough, in some of them (like the UK) you can even have chemistry only and it's still fine to apply. But not in China. I talked with the Chinese organisation that helps foreign students with application and stuffs and according to them if I won't pass physics, I still can apply but for 99% I will get rejected and the univerisities won't even want to have an interview with me.

Since there is no opton I can pass physics in IB (I am super busy with learning Japanese and Chinese + my current IB classes are already hard and I could say I have no social life, lol), they suggested passing something like a pre-medical course? in my country (Poland) and then to apply. But Poland doesn't offer anything like this! 

And then my parents said that since I also learn Japanese, I could go to Japan to some boarding language school, learn the language properly and then apply for medicine there, in Japan. The idea is quite good but it means I'd go to the uni at the age of 22 or 23~ And of course my parents would cover most of the fees~ It'd feel weird I believe, I want to be at least partially independent.

You'll probably ask me why I want to study in Asia. The answer is - because I love Asia! And I am not even thinking of doing my studies in Europe. No, no. After that year in Taiwan I decided. I'm just waiting for a moment when I'll graduate and be able to go back to Asia. I really don't wanna stay in Europe.

I'd appreciate any advice. Maybe you have other ideas of that I could or should do~ 

Edited by Hanadai

• 1 month later...