Anyone know any good civil aviation courses?

pretty_ah_boi

[quote name='deissi' post='22570' date='Aug 24 2008, 10:42 PM']sorry for being a bit cynical here, but these days with the way it is in the airline business, no education can guarantee you a job...[/quote]

oh shucks....is there something i should know about the industry? From what i've heard, there is a shortage of pilots, is there not? I'm really interested in pursuing this career. In that case, would it be advisable not to apply for that course? Its kinda become my dream already.

[quote name='pretty_ah_boi' post='22582' date='Aug 24 2008, 06:12 PM']oh shucks....is there something i should know about the industry? From what i've heard, there is a shortage of pilots, is there not? I'm really interested in pursuing this career. In that case, would it be advisable not to apply for that course? Its kinda become my dream already.[/quote]
Well, it's just that even the most positive estimates say that tens of airlines will be bankrupt at the end of the year. Combining skyrocketing fuel prices with slow economic growth is killing the airlines right now. In economic terms, I guess you could say that there's oversupply (especially in Europe), so the weak ones will die out, leaving lots of experienced pilots without a job - hence, new pilots will find it hard to get hired.