How do I prepare Pre-IB entrance exam?

EverBright

Hi,

First I am so thankful that i found this forum. I go to Bayview SS and I will be doing  the pre-ib entrance exam in Nov. I am now worried about the entrance exam. I am currently in grade 9, so for the entrance exam, are they going to test Gr.8 stuff or Gr.9? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

EB

Every school has somehow different entrance exams. One thing that i suppose is the same is that they are pretty focused on maths, since ib maths is quite demanding. So i would suggest revising math form previous grades and what you have learnt in grade 9 so far. But I think that your school should give you a list of things one has to know to do well in the exams so maybe ask teachers/current pre-ib students about that?

Good Luck :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you somehow don't pass the entrance exam, don't stress. 

For me personally, I didn't even apply to the MYP programme until grade 10. I had all my grade 9 marks above 90% as a regular student, and consulted with my IB councillor at my high school, and that was that. So, if anything, you can always join the MYP programme late. But of course, as mentioned, all entrance exams are different. I heard at my school, there was a question like: "How will you change the world?"

• 2 weeks later...

Well actually when I applied for IB MYP in 6th grade, we had to take an entrance exam with a couple of questions and had to write a 10 paragraph essay on how I can change the world and in what ways with certain knowledge taught in Pre-IB. As for the questions, the usually ask like "How are you a Communicator" and "What is ToK". Bassically what you have learned in Pre-IB. Hope this helps. If you want, you can also go on the IB website and look up tge learner profiles for review. Best of luck mate. ;D

Edited by dewanalam55