Personal Project

theloserwins

wtf is a PP or Personal Project? Please provide more info.
A Personal Project is kind of similar to the Extended Essay, but it's given in the MYP years, and you basically can do pretty much anything, as long as it's related to areas of interaction and crap. It's really BS. Some kids composed music, some wrote short stories, some did like an ancestry chart of their family and stuff. And apparently, if you failed--you couldn't continue into the Diploma Program. But as far as I know, no one failed. And even me, who did it all last minute and made 80% of it up, and I got 27/28. ;)

i remember now.

so here is what i did.. and i din't get off so easy as KLSmash.

i made jewelry which was one area of interaction and i kept a journal of everything i did, and a sketch book. then i sold the jewelry and gave all the profits to a local charity (another area of interaction - i know that that one was sevice), but other that that i don't rember much about the project.. i do still have the sketch book, photographs of my work, and the journal.

I'm pretty sure that you need to just submit what sources you used for your information, I REMEMBER THIS, I used all internet sources and got docked down a few points because I didn't use an actual textual source. So if you use a broad variety of sources, like I made a website about the Placebo effect, and just researched what the effect was and then researched creating a website. And threw that all into a bibliography, you'll get your points. Yeah just type up your sources and hand them in.

http://www.ibo.org/myp/curriculum/project/

In the final year of the programme, each student completes a personal project, a significant piece of work that is the product of the student’s own initiative and creativity.

Each project must reflect a personal understanding of the areas of interaction. Students apply the skills acquired through one of these areas as well as approaches to learning.

Students are expected to choose their project, which can take many forms, and take the process through to completion under the supervision of a teacher in the school. This involves:

* planning

* research

* a high degree of personal reflection.

The personal project is assessed by teachers against a set of IB assessment criteria.

It is required for MYP, much to my surprise.