Physics extended essay help

joel96

I chose the topic for my Physics extended essay as :  Oscillations of ball rolling inside a hemispherical curved surface

I thought I would investigate the factors affecting the period of the oscillating ball (like radius of ball, radius of curvature of surface etc). I thought it was a good choice because the experimental set up could be easily made. And so I chose this topic, and my teacher approved.

However, when I am doing my research now, I am seeing this topic is way too simple, It has a physics lab like difficulty - not ideal for extended essay. See this Link.

Is there any way in which this topic can be made appropriate for my extended essay, either by modifying the variables. Maybe I could for example test cylindrical tubes filled with different amounts of water, instead of rolling spherical balls. Or is this topic really not worth trying to invest more time in. Should I change my topic?

Do you have any suggestions to what I can do? I am completely lost.

Thanks

Edited by joel96