Extended Essay in Business and Management

dooooooops

Hey! 

So, my RQ is "To what extent would the merge between David Jones and Myers be an effective economic growth strategy?". This is due real soon and I need help with what I need to write in my body paragraphs. My teacher has suggested that I talk about economies of scale. I also want to do a finance type of processed data, such as a profit and loss account. Could anyone suggest what type of finance table would be suitable for the RQ, as well as other things I could write about in my body paragraphs.

Thank You.

*merger **Myer

You might need to reword your RQ as well. "would the merger" sounds like it's something that's going to happen, however, from my understanding of the situation right now, the merger is probably not going to happen (as Myer withdrew their offer or something?). So you might need to say like "would a merger.." Also, not sure about "economic growth strategy" as it's quite broad perhaps? Not too sure, but maybe be more specific, such as "would a merger.. be effective to increase their sales/market share/etc"

Economies of scale would definitely be something occurring after a merger. And it definitely sounds like a good idea to look at the finance/money side of things given you're talking about economic growth. If you want to look at profit and loss, then that's to do with Sales and Cost of Goods Sold mainly. I don't know how helpful this was.. but hopefully it gave you some ideas.. at least for the RQ :)

• Like 1

*merger **Myer

You might need to reword your RQ as well. "would the merger" sounds like it's something that's going to happen, however, from my understanding of the situation right now, the merger is probably not going to happen (as Myer withdrew their offer or something?). So you might need to say like "would a merger.." Also, not sure about "economic growth strategy" as it's quite broad perhaps? Not too sure, but maybe be more specific, such as "would a merger.. be effective to increase their sales/market share/etc"

Economies of scale would definitely be something occurring after a merger. And it definitely sounds like a good idea to look at the finance/money side of things given you're talking about economic growth. If you want to look at profit and loss, then that's to do with Sales and Cost of Goods Sold mainly. I don't know how helpful this was.. but hopefully it gave you some ideas.. at least for the RQ :)

Hey! Really thanks for the help. But, at the moment I'm just so confused to how I would tackle this question...

If I re-arrange the question to, "to what extent would a merger between David Jones and Myers be effective to increase their sales or market share?"

Do you think I would be able to write at least 3500 words on it?

• 6 years later...