Should I take Bahasa Indonesia Lit&Lang SL or HL?

The language and literature course doesn't really involve a lot of creative writing/things for fun, as it's more of an analysis-based course on texts that you read. I think there's one thing that's slightly creative (the written task) but it still has guidelines on what you must do.

If you're aiming to be a writer you will need a good understanding of literature and how it works, and I suggest the HL course. The HL course isn't conceptually more difficult such as in the case between SL and HL math or in the sciences. The difference is that you have a few additional texts to work with, and your essays are marked a bit more harshly than a SL student's essays. If you are good at literature and analyzing texts, you should be okay to do HL. If you still doubt your abilities, SL is okay, but considering you want to be a writer, I'd do the HL course.

• Like 2

Thanks for your answers!

No, we don't have Bahasa Indonesia Literature. I bet that nobody would even take Bahasa Indonesia A.

Since my English is not that good and I screwed up my IGCSE First Language English, I'm aiming for Bahasa Indonesia as First Language. (My school only provide Chinese and English, not Bahasa Indonesia for secondary year and also, I want to be a writer).

But I heard that Language A Literature is much harder than Language & Literature, right?