IA Moderation Process

At my school, we've just completed the IOCs and were wondering, how do they get moderated with the IOP mark? I know the combined final weighting is 30%, but is the moderation of both orals based on how accurately your teacher marked your IOC or purely on your level in the IOC? For instance, say you screwed up your IOC and did well on your IOP, would your IOP stay the same as long as your teacher gave you a score that reflected your performance in the IOC, or would it go down purely based on the fact you stuffed up? I've tried finding this out from my teacher and the IB guide, but it all seems a bit vague, so cheers in advance for your help!

It's based on how accurately your teacher marked your IOC. So the chances are that if you're moderated down on the IOC, your mark for the IOP will go down too because they think your teacher would have marked it in a similar way.

If you did rubbish on the IOC but well on the IOP, as long as the mark was accurate, both will stay the same. 

• Like 2

It's based on how accurately your teacher marked your IOC. So the chances are that if you're moderated down on the IOC, your mark for the IOP will go down too because they think your teacher would have marked it in a similar way.

If you did rubbish on the IOC but well on the IOP, as long as the mark was accurate, both will stay the same. 

Thanks very much, this is good to know!