Work in Translation Help [Zorba the Greek]

Hello, I am trying to complete my WIT but I've run into a problem, my essential question is:

To what extent is Zorba a wise character in the novel "Zorba the Greek" by Nikos Kazantazkis?

My teacher gave me the go ahead (and said that "This has potential") but I have no idea how to approach this question (that I've made). My thesis (of which I have no idea how I made it): The extent to which Zorba is a wise character in the translated novel, Zorba the Greek, can be assessed by his actions, judgments, and experience. The problem I face is understanding and answering the question. Wise is a subjective term that means different things to different people, and that's the major problem that I face. My teacher said to work on my argument and said that it is "too weak to be arguing just whether his is wise as too often the response can be subjective". I don't understand what I should be arguing and how to approach the question.

My Outline:

Novel chosen: Zorba the Greek

Essential questions: To what extent is Zorba a wise character in the novel “Zorba the Greek” by Nikos Kazantzakis?

Thesis Statement: The extent to which Zorba is a wise character in the novel “Zorba the Greek” can be assessed by his actions, judgments, and experience. (Elaborate: [How does one assess these factors?] [Why are these factors important in determining if a person is wise?])

Outline:

Introduction

Introduce the narrator and Zorba

Define wise and wisdom

Describe context of novel (time period, society, human culture)

Introduce the idea of presentism (You cannot apply concepts and ideals from present day to history)

Thesis statement

Transition Sentence

Body Paragraph #1 (Actions)

Define actions

How the narrator and the other characters in the novel view and respond to Zorba’s stories and actions

Context of time period allows the narrator to appreciate and understand Zorba’s actions

Is the rationale behind Zorba’s actions wise in the context of the time period?

Narrators perspective (style of writing) influences (limits/bias) the way Zorba is portrayed

How does learning from one’s actions and mistakes make him wiser? Does Zorba do this?

Transition Sentence

Body Paragraph #2 (Judgments)

Define judgments

The rationale behind Zorba’s actions

How Zorba views/judges women, god, and intellect

How Zorba judges the narrator and by extension, intellect?

How has society influenced Zorba’s judgments?

Do these judgments make Zorba wise and why?

How does being a work in translation affect the portrayal of Zorba’s judgments

Transition Sentence

Body Paragraph #3 (Experience)

Define experience and knowledge

Why are the stories told by Zorba significant and does it help Zorba become wiser?

Does Zorba realize the limitations of his experience and knowledge? (Dunning-Kruger effect)

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance” -Confucius

Does Zorba learn from/reflect upon his mistakes?

Is Zorba’s simplicity on life evident of his wisdom?

How experience can be related to the reader and the narrator in spite of it being a work in translation

Transition Sentence

Conclusion

Restate Thesis

Is Zorba wise or not or sometimes?

Appreciation of wisdom

Address limitations and reflect upon analysis

Open ending statement