Written Task 2 HL Help (Kinda Urgent)

Hello everyone !

I am writing an essay about how a social status or a culture is represented in Chronicle of a Death Foretold, but I have no idea what to talk about. Do I need to analyze quotes ? The setting and how a character is represented ? Or a simple literary analysis, analyzing the literary analysis, target audience, vice versa ? I am not sure.

Please help me out on this :hunter:

The Written Task should be formatted in a manner similar to a research paper. You have to make an argument of statement about social status and culture in Chronicle of a Death Foretold (your thesis). Do not just describe the plot, you will score very low on the rubric.

You incorporate literary analysis throughout your paper to address HOW the author creates meaning and achieves effect. This how and effect should be reflected in your thesis. You use supporting quotes and details as evidence to support your argument/thesis. If setting and how characters are represented support your thesis, then include them. If they don't then ignore them.

I hope that helps! Focus on how the author conveys social commentary in the form of social status and culture.

Best of luck!

• Like 1