Geography HL Paper 2&3

han24

yeah I did questions 1,4 and 7 but I feel like I havent used enough case studies.. yeah and I did the same question on Paper 3 but I wasn't sure how to structure it properly and what exaclty to include cause I didnt have time to do any past papers really.. but I think it wasn't too bad though

Edited by han24

yeah I did questions 1,4 and 7 but I feel like I havent used enough case studies.. yeah and I did the same question on Paper 3 but I wasn't sure how to structure it properly and what exaclty to include cause I didnt have time to do any past papers really.. but I think it wasn't too bad though

I did the same question on p3. I just ended up using the 5 paragraph essay structure for both questions on p3 and the 10 mark questions on p2.

As long as you included 1 or 2 detailed case studies in each long answer you rise above the "generalized" section of the mark band.

I did the same question on p3. I just ended up using the 5 paragraph essay structure for both questions on p3 and the 10 mark questions on p2.

As long as you included 1 or 2 detailed case studies in each long answer you rise above the "generalized" section of the mark band.

I didn't really have a case study for the first question...I only talked about contenarisation and general stuff... and for the second one I kinda gave an example but it wasn't very detailed either..hmm I'm kinda worried now

and also on paper 2 I didn't always leave space between my answers, do you think that's still ok?

It all depends on the how the scanners scan the pages. As long as its within the bounds of the page it should get sent to someone for marking.

On the first question I mentioned how VOIP and the internet reduce friction as well as the introduction very large aircraft and increasing size/speed of container ships. I'm not sure if the facts I stated may have been a little generalized. "Generally accurate knowledge and understanding" puts you in the 7-8 range of marks while "Accurate, relevant knowledge and understanding" will get you a 9-10 assuming the answer actually answers the question and is well structured.

For the loss of identity question I used examples such as the glocalization of McDonalds sandwiches in India, the prominence of the English language in the business world and how it lead to the loss of some Aboriginal languages in Canada, and something about diaspora and how they help maintain a distinctive national identity in different countries. The same marking criteria apply to this question except a 4th criterion on synthesis and evaluation is added.

Edited by PhilB