Economics IA HELP!

Hello! This is my first year writing an Economics IA and I don't know if my article is too long to analyze or not.

This is the link to it.. if it's too long, what should the ideal length be?? And I thought that this article relates to cross-price elasticity of demand? I am so lost right now.. :question:

I am in desperate need of a helping hand and would very much appreciate any reply!

Thank you!!

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140413000094

Edited by JKingaA

When you submit your IA portfolio, I believe you're supposed to highlight what information from the article is relevant to your commentary. So, in my opinion, I think the length of the article is okay, as long as you highlight the article to make it clear what information was relevant to your IA. :D

• Like 1

To me, it seems like it's talking more about PED than XED, and also competitiveness between beef suppliers, so some theory of the firm stuff. They mention the bulk buying which relates to marketing economies of scale and the XED comes in with the turkey burgers. In your IA, you should discuss the effect of the high price coz the article mentions different stakeholders like the beef suppliers, the ranchers and the consumers. You could also explore the consequences of rising food prices in general and link that to PED since the very last line is a direct reference to it.

Talking to your teacher about analyzing your first article will help a lot as well; that's what I did for all of my IAs!

• Like 1