Geography SL Paper 1 always has an MDG essay question

kendisbelovee

Whilst MDGs are definitely popular for the essay-style question in Paper 1, it definitely isn't a given in every paper! From what I remember, MDGs have only appeared explicitly in the Paper 1 essays for 2 or 3 examination sessions. MDGs do appear indirectly in a lot of questions though.

So, you definitely, definitely need to know more than MDGs to answer Section B. Whilst I'm sure you're studying everything else, you need to know a broad range of different case studies/examples throughout the syllabus.

There are 3 essay questions in Section B and you need to answer 1, and each will belong to a different part of the 4 parts of the core syllabus. So, you can't predict which 1 of the 4 sections of the syllabus will be left out, so you need to be prepared to write a long essay on pretty much everything in the syllabus, unfortunately!

They could actually decide not to ask an MDG question and ask something completely different to confuse us though. I hope some decent questions will be asked.