2014 IB Chinese A Language & Literature Exam Discussion

sorahallin

Hello!

I figured I'd start this topic, since no one really talks about IB Chinese A online fsr. I took IBSL CHinese A Language & Literature, but HL people can also contribute their thoughts on the exam here.

So, what did you guys think? I thought that both Paper 1 and Paper 2 were okay...though I kind of ran out of time for P2 :( My analysis was also not as thorough as it could have been since I over-analyzed one work.

I'm also doing Chinese L&L SL. I thought both papers were relatively easy! For TZ2 Paper 1, I chose the text about 'The Chinese Dream'. For Paper 2, only one question was applicable to the texts I studied (Q.4, 藝術形象) -- but it was a good enough question.

I'm also doing Chinese L&L SL. I thought both papers were relatively easy! For TZ2 Paper 1, I chose the text about 'The Chinese Dream'. For Paper 2, only one question was applicable to the texts I studied (Q.4, 藝術形象) -- but it was a good enough question.

I thought that Paper 1 was pretty straight forwards too! (I chose the same passage as you). For P2, I chose the 6th question (社會皆級歧視和偏見), but I wrote about 男尊女卑 when "社會皆級" most likely referred to socio-economic classes. On the other hand, I guess you can make the argument that 男尊女卑 affects people's positions in the society, which is somewhat relevant to the question..

Hopefully I won't get all 5 marks off for Criterion C (回應問題)