Recent topic?

IBer

Out of curiousity, would it be acceptable to write an EE on a more recent topic? I would not have trouble finding information, and there won't be a matter of history not having been made yet because the event is complete. The EE would be more of an analysis as to why things occured as they did and what led to the results. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Well, there is no one correct answer to this, depending on the person, you hear estimates of what's smart and what's not. However, I'd say that 90% of the estimates say that it's not smart to write about something that's happened in the last 15-30 years... So you definitely wouldn't want to write about Iraq or Afghanistan, 15 years is a good rule of thumb in my opinion.

Hmm, okay. I was thinking of something extremely recent, as in having occured in the past couple of years, but it seems I may have to reconsider that. It's definitely not about Iraq or Afghanistan, but I'd hate to have to change my topic because I was really enthusiatic about it. Well, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your reply!